Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Brick by Bricolage

A lot of what I do involves working with visual sources I appropriate from all over the place. Because I make t-shirts, the only constraint I have is that I can only use one tone (largely because hand screening makes two-tones shirts hard and costly). This isn't a bad thing, and I feel it's a sort of homage to seventies magazine and newspaper ads.

This is a real photo of Pierre Trudeau and Castro kicking it. It sort of shouts out to his stepping down.








Living in Windsor Ontario Canada, I listen to a lot of Detroit's National Public Radio station, WDET. The other day they had a fellow on who was talking about the Russian economic threat to the West. The above quote is from that interview. It rings true in any context.

***end of line***

2 comments:

Jhon said...

The greater part of us disregard the garages and walkways when we choose to have weight washing for our home pressure washing service in indianapolis.

Drag Queen Merch said...

It feels awe-inspiring to read such informative and distinctive articles on your websites. Choose your favorite Drag Queen t-shirts, shirt from thousands of available designs. Visit on Drag Queen Tees